This Diagnostic is Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
An electrocardiogram, better known as an EKG, is a noninvasive diagnostic test that uses electrodes to record the electrical activity of the heart while active and at rest. It can assist in diagnosing a number of heart conditions, including problems with heart size (cardiomyopathy) and abnormal heart rhythms. Even when there is no suspicion of heart disease, an EKG is often part of a general physical examination and the results are used as a baseline for comparison with any future testing.