Diagnostic Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Community Hospital Long Beach
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - San Clemente
An electrocardiogram, better known as an EKG, is a noninvasive diagnostic test that uses electrodes to record the electrical activity of the heart while active and at rest. It can assist in diagnosing a number of heart conditions, including problems with heart size (cardiomyopathy or hypertrophy) and abnormal heart rhythms. Even when there is no suspicion of heart disease, an EKG is often part of a general physical examination and the results are used as a baseline for comparison with any future testing.